Download ApplicationApply for a DEY Action Mini-Grant.
DEY is excited to offer this mini-grant initiative to help foster your good work in your community as related to DEY’s three principle goals:
- To mobilize the early childhood community to speak out with well-reasoned arguments against inappropriate standards, assessments, and classroom practices.
- To track the effects of new standards, especially those linked to the Common Core State Standards, on early childhood education policy and practice.
- To promote appropriate practices in early childhood classrooms and support educators in counteracting current reforms which undermine these appropriate practices.
We are offering grants from $200 to $500 and are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and up to 20 awards will be granted (depending on grant sizes). Possible actions include, but are not limited to:
- Hosting a parent information meeting
- Organizing a "Call Your Legislator Day"
- Spearheading a letter-writing campaign to politicians
- Organizing a “Play-In” at the local school board
- Publicizing an “Opt Out” campaign
- Hosting a viewing and conversation of a video, such as chapter or two from A Year at Mission Hill; or When a Child Pretends from the Sarah Lawrence Series (see above)
- Holding an Open Forum for community members and stake-holders
- Whatever else you may think of…
Email your completed application to Geralyn Bywater McLaughlin & Blakely Bundy, Co-Directors, at DEYdirector@gmail.com with the subject line “Mini-Grant Application”.
Take ActionStand with DEY.
Become an Activist
DEY seeks to rally parents and educators to take action on policies affecting the education of young children, by encouraging them to speak out with well-reasoned arguments against inappropriate standards, assessments, and classroom practices.
Power Point presentation: “Young Children in Jeopardy: The Growing Crisis in Early Childhood Education and What Parents & Teachers Can Do about It”. You may also like to check Fact Sheets and Position Papers on the Common Core.
Are you concerned about the direction that education policy is going? We are, too!
Help DEY continue its important work advocating for appropriate education for young children. Please Consider Making a Donation.